Creating Winning Marketing Videos for Twitter
There’s no question about the popularity of Twitter video as a marketing tool. Per Twitter, video is their fastest growing advertising vehicle, with more than 2 billion video views on the platform every day. Additionally, according to Wyzowl, 79% of consumers prefer to learn about a product via video rather than text and an astounding 84% report making a purchase due to a brand video.
This propensity for video viewing on Twitter, coupled with the overall effectiveness of video, is a great opportunity for marketers.
When creating or repurposing a marketing video for Twitter, consider the following:
- Put people in the spotlight early—Videos that feature people almost immediately are remembered best, add warmth and personality to your brand and are twice as likely to get scrollers to opt in to watch.
- Write an organized script—Twitter reports that videos with a clear story can grow purchase intent up to 9%!
- Showcase value—Videos that highlight how a product delivers value have higher recall and enjoy a 14% lift in brand affinity.
- Laughter is the best marketer—Videos that provide entertainment receive a 13% improvement in viewership and 15% better intent to share.
- Shorter is often better—If you’re starting from scratch create a short video that prompts the viewer to click the link for more information. (Even a clever .gif can do the job.) If you have a longer video that you created for other purposes, edit it down. You may even be able to create several shorter videos. 95% of consumers believe a video should be less than two minutes long.
- Include subtitles or captions—A majority of people view Twitter videos with the sound off. Use captions so you don’t lose this group.
Now’s the time
Do you need a video, but feel overwhelmed with the process? Or maybe you’re still on the fence? Consider that 83% of businesses believe that video gives them good ROI. To learn how a professionally produced video could help your business reach its goals, give us a shout.